Saturday 15 June 2019

Roadworks

As part of a prior post on the Maastrecht's Mill project, I explained how I added several dirt roads around the sawmill and town of Cass.

One road runs perpendicular to the railroad, past the sawmill and disappears into the forested backdrop. I tried to paint the road with some single point perspective to it, so it appears the road has some distance to it. This was partially aided by blending the rock cutting on the layout into the backdrop.

I'm not an artist, but I'm happy with the effect as a first attempt.





A stacked photo looking down the road. A small wagon train is making its way into town. The two fellas driving the green wagon are from Knuckleduster miniatures. 

The road also extends around and into the town of Cass. I used a darker brown colour to give the feel of damp earth. I wanted it to feel like it had rained not so long ago and the road is a but muddy. I may yet add some puddles by brushing on some gloss medium in low laying areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment