Sunday 2 June 2019

Stock loading ramps

Both the towns I have modelled on my layout have stock pens. Shipping livestock is a big part of the business on the thoroughfare gap railroad.

Each town has a trackside corral though, neither had a way of loading the livestock on and off the trains. I've been meaning to make up some loading ramps for several years now but somehow, I've never got around to it.

Recently I discovered a seller on Trade me, the NZ version of eBay, selling some stock loading ramps as 3d printed kits. I purchased four and the went together really easily.
After a little paint and some weathering with soft pastels, they were ready for the layout.

The corral at Cass and the two loading ramps in position. It's great to finally have these little details to complete the scene.

1 comment: