Sunday 2 June 2019

Bachmann 4-4-0 new tooling repainted

I ordered two of the new bachmann 4-4-0 with sound at the beginning of the year. I was keen to have a reasonably accurate model of the Union Pacific's 119 but felt the wine colour of the model was too brown for my taste. I ordered a 119 model and I've now completed a new paint and decaling job and I'm quite happy with the results.

A big thanks to John Ott for making his decals available on his website, http://www.ottgallery.com I modified his decals to fit my bachmann model. John based his decals on the colour scheme researched by Jim Wilke and Jon Davis, which you can find at http://discussion.cprr.net/2008/02/jupiter-119-paint-colors.html

I followed the rendering by Jon Davis to come up with the overall paint scheme.



3 comments:

  1. Excellent work Luke! A far cry from how it looks out of the box.

    Håkan
    Chief Proprietor
    C.R.&.N.Co

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Håkan, I appreciate the comments.

    ReplyDelete