Sunday 10 September 2017

Erewhon blanketed with snow


Erewhon is the operating staging yard on my Thoroughfare Gap Railroad. It is occupies a set of shelves adjoining the layout.

I really wanted to try modelling a snow bound scene for something different. For my layout, Erewhon is located in the mountains, a staging point between the rest of the outside world and the my Thoroughfare Gap Railroad. It has a small engine house and a turntable for looking after the locomotives.

I need to add some more conifer trees at various points in the scene but otherwise I feel it is largely complete. I have thought about including a coaling tower and water tower but I don't really have room. I may include these on the backdrop at some stage 'in the distance'.

A mirror adds to the illusion of distance. The ties under the turnouts had rotted out, the track gang replaced them with new ones.

The engine  house at Erewhon. This a laser cut kit made locally using plans from makecnc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment