Friday 12 July 2024

Backdrop painting Part 3

After landing on the final look for the background mountains I started working on the foreground hills. I used the same base colour technique with the palette knife to drag in highlight and accent colours. After this, I started adding some green sections so the static grass and trees I will add later will blend into the backdrop.

The trees in and around the town are more deciduous, transitioning to evergreen trees as the layout moves over the hill. I enjoyed painting the trees and am looking forward to adding static grass to combine the background and foreground. 





Once I've coloured the rocks in the canyon I will paint more rock cliffs onto the backdrop. 






4 comments:

  1. Is the dinosaur a nod to John Allen's Emma or something entirely different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Galen, Now that you mention it, I was vaguely aware that John Allen had a dinosaur someone on his layout. But this particular dinosaur was given to me by a friend who thought it would be nice light hearted addition to the layout. It used to lurk in my redwood forest and would always bring a smile to peoples faces when they spotted it. That alone is a reason to have it in my books. I guess, as someone once said, there is nothing new under the sun. Have you incorporated anything like that on your layout?

      Delete