Saturday 12 August 2023

Modular layout update

I've been making some progress with the modules. I've now got four modules built and the track laid. The yard, took the most effort as all the yard tracks straddle two modules.


After laying the track, I made a temporary connecting module between the old layout and the new modules. With everything wired up, I now can run trains again, as I have a yard to store all my rolling stock, and build and stage trains. 

I will keep working on the turntable, which I've been building from scratch, and then the Roundhouse and Caboose tracks. That will pretty much cover all the track work for the time being until I build more modules. Then perhaps I can start to develop the backdrop and scenery plan further. 


The fourth module will feature a canyon with mountains rising high above the tracks.

The yard looks reasonably busy already. 

To mark the joining of the rails, Jupiter and 119 met at the boundary of the old and the new layouts.



No comments:

Post a Comment